OIS/Community Activity Report

During the semester, you will need to attend at least TWO OIS-sponsored activities. Please attend at least one before Fall Break.

My suggestions are the “Breaking Bread” program, which allows you and one friend to have dinner with an American family. Or you might choose to attend an English Conversation Club meeting. (Hopefully, you find the ECC interesting and useful and decide to attend more than one!).

You can also choose another opportunity through OIS, or elsewhere on campus, as long at it allows you to actively listen to and speak English. Please ask me about your choice before you go, just to be sure it will count.

Within one week of attending the activity, please bring the following typed and printed to class to earn credit for attending the activity:

• Write a short reflection (300 words) discussing:
    • What the activity was
    • Who else was involved
    • What topics/ideas were discussed
    • Your reflections on the experience: Was it positive or negative, and why? Was it challenging or easy, and how so? What, if anything, did you learn? Would you recommend it to another English learner, or would you go again? Why or why not?

Please submit your report at the beginning of class, at which time I will ask you to briefly report about your experience (1-2 minutes).